Please read these rules before joining the chat. Most of these apply to #yvd only, but you should also behave yourself on the rest of the chat too.
Click HERE after you have read and agreed to these rules.
1. Show Respect - Any form of harassment/flaming towards other users is not tolerated. Do not trick other users into performing acts which may violate a rule or cause an undesired effect. Do not attempt to escape punishment or rudely disrespect channel operators. Show respect and do not beg staff for an operator position. Also, insulting another player's playing ability is NOT tolerated and you will be banned.
2. No Flooding - Any form of repeating a message within a short period of time that disturbs the peace in a room. This applies to duel requests which must be kept to once in every 25 lines or 2 minutes between requests in #yvd.
3. No Spamming - Any form of sending a message which is deemed to be unreadable
and/or provides no value to the discussion at hand. This also applies to overly
excessive character repetitions and/or excessive use of uppercase letters.
This is not spam: WHAT the helllll
4. Discuss Suitable Topics - Mature topics which are inappropriate should not be
discussed in YVD. (e.g. Sex, drugs, etc...)
4b. In addition to this rule, swearing of any kind is prohibited in #YVD. This includes partial or full censoring as well.
5. Find Duels with Private Messages - To find a duel opponent, send a Private Message (PM) to another user who is requesting a duel or ask other users in the chat room to send you a PM for a duel. Provide information on whether or not you can host and any other relevant details. Don't ask users to "press" things for a duel. Don't post your IP in the chat room, do it in a PM.
6. Don't Advertise - Sending messages containing URLs for the purpose of directing users to a website is not allowed. The same applies for blatently advertising clans and other chat rooms. Any links not pointing to the main page of a major website (list below) will need to be approved by a moderator beforehand. Inappropriate links can get you banned from the network, so don't do it!
7. Scripts and Bots Policy - Avoid using any scripts or timers with automated messages (e.g. Slap dodges, music players, etc...) or from loading any bots or clones without permission from a Super Operator. (& or ~ level status)
8. Mini-modding - Unless there are no active Operators, please do not warn other users that they are breaking a rule.
9. Do Not Make Abuse Reports in the Channel - If you feel you were kicked or banned unjustly, you may appeal to the OP in a PM who kicked and/or banned you in a calm, polite manner. If you still disagree with the OP, you may appeal to a SOP or higher (& or ~ level status) in a PM in a calm, polite manner. If you do not agree with this opinion, you may email xerocreative [AT] gmail [DOT] com with a detailed description of the incident, the OP involved, and any logs that you may have.
Please Note: Use of the YVD chat is a privilegs, not a right. You may be removed from the channel at any time, for any reason the OP's deem necessary, regardless of it being a stated rule or not.
Server rules are also to be followed at all times. Unsure of the server rules? Type /motd for a full review.
Entering an #XCT? Check out the #XCT Tournament Rules!
Feel abused? Contact xerocreative[at]gmail[dot]com with a detailed description of the incident, the OP involved, and any logs you may have. You can use this to chat to others on IRC. Having trouble? This forum would be the place to post if you cannot get on the chats at all, or /join #helpdesk once you're on the chats for other information.